New look for 2019 - Chevy Cruze SS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

New look for 2019

So it looks like Chevy has a pretty sleek update coming to the 2019 Cruze. The biggest change however is the addition of a new RS package. It features black window mouldings and bowtie emblems as well as new factory 17' and 18' wheels. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the sportier styling comes with any changes under the hood. It's also important to note that if you have interest in a manual gearbox that this will be the last year with that option.

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 12:07 PM

The 1.4 litre turbo petrol and 1.6 litre turbodiesel engines being offered is okay depending on the price, with the former making 153 hp at 5,600 rpm and 240 Nm of torque from 2,000-4,000 rpm and the latter pumping out 137 hp and 325 Nm. But an SS or actual sport trim would be very popular with the hatchback crowd.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Any idea what aftermarket mod support is like for the Cruze? 150hp is just too far below what's being offered by other performance hatches. Oddly enough it also seems that the switch to an automatic gearbox is going to reduce the Cruzes' fuel economy in the diesel...

Last edited by Carmine; 04-18-2018 at 02:46 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 12:38 PM

Is it really worth tuning a car like the generic Cruze? I can see it happening for the SS, but not worth it for the general model. Thus why the factory needs to come out with their own higher performance models.
But if worse comes to worse, there should be aftermarket companies who will take a look at the new Cruze's engines. Unless the 1.4 litre turbo is the same as the one form previous gen?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevs View Post
Is it really worth tuning a car like the generic Cruze? I can see it happening for the SS, but not worth it for the general model. Thus why the factory needs to come out with their own higher performance models.
But if worse comes to worse, there should be aftermarket companies who will take a look at the new Cruze's engines. Unless the 1.4 litre turbo is the same as the one form previous gen?
Its never a good idea to start tuning on a vehicle that wasn't meant for it. If it was built with ideas similar to the Toyota 86 coupe then that might be a possibility. Anyone that's into Chevy and wants performance should just buy an entry level Camaro at the least. Starting from $25,000 you really can't go wrong.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:09 AM

No doubt its looking cool especially in red color, i wanted to buy this one but after forcing by family i denied basically my requirement was too much different we needed a vehicle for personal use and also for towing purposes, so this car is not designed for towing purposes, so we had to take a Ford vehicle which we are using for Flat Bad Towing Service in nyc.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:10 AM

No doubt its looking cool especially in red color, i wanted to buy this one but after forcing by family i denied basically my requirement was too much different we needed a vehicle for personal use and also for towing purposes, so this car is not designed for towing purposes, so we had to take a Ford vehicle which we are using for Flat Bad Towing Service in nyc...........
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:15 AM

thanks for sharing
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:16 AM

share some pics if you have......

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page