Chevrolet Offering Discounts To Asian Brand Car Owners - Chevy Cruze SS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Chevrolet Offering Discounts To Asian Brand Car Owners

Seems like Chevrolet is doing everything they can to draw in new customers these days, first by offering up to $15,000 off a brand new Corvette, now the automaker will be giving those who own a car from one of the Asian brands a $2,500 incentive.

Applicable to Americans only, Chevy will give buyers who own a Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, Scion, Suzuki, Isuzu, or Daewoo some “conquest cash”. A term mentioned by The Drive, conquest cash incentives target owners and lessees of competing brands. Just giving them enough to consider another brand outside of the one they own.

The amount may not seem like much to some, but that’s $2,500 without having to trade in a car from one of the listed brands. Of course there is a bit of fine print; the incentive is only applicable for cars from model year 1999 and up, proof of ownership or lease agreement must be provided, can only be applied to purchases, and base model cars from Chevy are not included in the incentive.

We’re still waiting for Chevy to release the Cruze SS, whenever that may be, but in the meantime you can score a great deal on a new 2018 Cruze sedan or hatchback.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 12:02 PM

That's not really enough to make me consider a Chevy model that I didn't want in the first place. Sure it's great if Chevy was selling the Cruze SS, but there isn't really anything else in their lineup that I want. It'll work if a buyer isn't really sure about what brand or model they want, but for those dead set on something it's not that appealing.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 03:01 PM

It doesn't look like the upcoming Cruze models will be available with a manual transmission and I'm not sure if that's indication that we probably wont see an SS trim. I for one have little interest in a performance model that utilizes a CVT.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page