Perhaps A Normal Cruze? - Chevy Cruze SS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Perhaps A Normal Cruze?

We haven't heard much of anything for a performance Cruze, so we may have to settle for the normal one and there seems to be a few incentives out there for the model.

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Incentives For January 2018
Hatchback
$2,017 Bonus Cash + $2,000 Customer Cash = $4,017 Total Cash Allowance.
or
0% APR for 60 months
Sedan
$2,017 Bonus Cash + $2,000 Customer Cash = $4,017 Total Cash Allowance
or
0% APR for 60 months + $2,017 Bonus Cash

2017 Chevrolet Cruze Incentives - January 2018 | GM Authority
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:53 PM

Not a bad incentive but it seem that these days Chevrolet will need a lot more than that to draw in buyers. Its still hard to escape from the fact that all its rivals have been doing far better, rivals such as the Civic, Elantra and Focus. I have seen more of those rivals since they launched than the Cruze hatch, that ought to say something.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 03:24 PM

I remember when the original Cobalt SS came out and they were everywhere, so there's definitely people interested in buying a performance Chevy. I think unfortunately there just isn't enough marketing done on behalf of Chevy to compete with that of Honda, Hyundai or Ford. I mean we've all seen those "real people, not actors" commercials and they are god awful.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
I remember when the original Cobalt SS came out and they were everywhere, so there's definitely people interested in buying a performance Chevy. I think unfortunately there just isn't enough marketing done on behalf of Chevy to compete with that of Honda, Hyundai or Ford. I mean we've all seen those "real people, not actors" commercials and they are god awful.
I think it has more to do with coming out with a product that people actually like and want. we have seen this happen with emerging brands like Kia and Hyundai.
Maybe GM is just getting lazy or buying time till they come out with a real competitor or next generation Cruze.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 03:27 PM

I just think Chevy got lucky, and stumbled upon the need for a hot hatch before the whole craze with them started. With so much more competition in the segment, its become increasingly obvious that GM doesn't know what it takes to stand out. I really think they have doubled down on the pickup segment and the others have suffered as a result. If it weren't for the Corvette, Camaro and Bolt, I think they'd be in a tough spot.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
I just think Chevy got lucky, and stumbled upon the need for a hot hatch before the whole craze with them started. With so much more competition in the segment, its become increasingly obvious that GM doesn't know what it takes to stand out. I really think they have doubled down on the pickup segment and the others have suffered as a result. If it weren't for the Corvette, Camaro and Bolt, I think they'd be in a tough spot.
In the end they were unlucky due the fact that Honda and Ford is well ahead of them. VW is the most lucky, they took what was working well in Europe and brought it to America well before everyone else did. Decades ago the Japanese saw this and also got into the market. Now the Golf is one of the best hatches you can buy.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Without the SS line, there doesn't seem to be much that appeals to me in their current lineup. Everything else seems under powered in comparison or simply overpriced. Of course I'd like a Corvette, but that's not happening anytime soon and they're driving away people like me who wants some middle ground.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 03:07 PM

Chevy has some ground to make up that's for sure. The new Silverado in my opinion looks worse than the outgoing model, and right now there are reports of lawsuits being filed in regards to overheating issues on the Z06. I think at the right price point the Cruze could do extremely well, even with stiff competition from Ford, VW and Honda. Not everyone can afford a $30k hot hatch. So if Chevy can deliver something cheaper, that offers similar performance with some modifications, they could have a winner.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 05:00 PM

I think it was a good step forward although for people not used to seeing sleeker headlights it will take some time to adjust.
Fortunately there have been so many good improvements elsewhere that most can overlook the exterior changes.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2021, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320SS View Post
I think it was a good step forward although for people not used to seeing sleeker headlights it will take some time to adjust.
Fortunately there have been so many good improvements elsewhere that most can overlook the exterior changes.
I did not like them at first but they are great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page