2017 Chevrolet Malibu Wagon (rendered) - Chevy Cruze SS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

2017 Chevrolet Malibu Wagon (rendered)

What y'all say in bringing the wagon back?

I think it would be a great idea

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 11:15 AM

Wagons aren't really popular outside of Europe. People just can't get over the shape and length, I'm one of them. The proportions look off to me and every time I see one I get flashbacks to the old days when wagons had wood panels on the outside.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 12:45 PM

I love it and if they do this it'll likely be very very well received. And who knows, it might push a company like Hennessy performance to turn it into what could have been an SS Malibu Wagon It sure has the looks and overall design to support that.

The wagon segment is slowly growing state side, small chance this will happen.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:03 AM

Wagons just aren't something I think about when it comes to purchasing a new vehicle and I've never actually seen one, noticed one, on the streets so I can't really make a judgement on it. Looks like a normal hatch to me but with a longer tail. Would still prefer the Cruze SS but if wagons are gaining in popularity, I may yet see one.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevs View Post

Wagons just aren't something I think about when it comes to purchasing a new vehicle and I've never actually seen one, noticed one, on the streets so I can't really make a judgement on it. Looks like a normal hatch to me but with a longer tail. Would still prefer the Cruze SS but if wagons are gaining in popularity, I may yet see one.

They are a dying breed, I actually read about them taking a decline in the part of the world where it was once most popular, Europe. Now things are changing slowly. Jaguar just recently announced it's moving from Wagons to Crossovers and SUV's.

The last to go will be BMW and Mercedes, it will take a while.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 11:36 AM

Wagons were the family segment but SUVs and Crossovers are just overtaking every other segment in sheer numbers. It's not just wagons, sedans are in a decline too, just not as bad as wagons.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 01:18 PM

I think the only way we will get a wagon is if it's sold somewhere else in the world under a brand GM owns, like Opel. So if we see something their that can be used under a brand sold in the U.S. then there's some luck. This has been true with some GM models lately. The trend is likely to follow here.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 11:30 AM

Nah, even then we probably won't see a wagon. There just isn't enough of a market to make selling the model in NA profitable.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 09:40 AM

Definitely don't think it'll happen, I can't recall the last time I've personally seen one driving around. Legit no where close to enough of a market for them here in NA
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:51 AM

Not sure if the wagon market is on a decline in Europe too. Seems like hatchbacks are replacing the wagons these days.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page